What’s the latest holiday that’s sweeping the nation? National Spring Cleaning Week - and it’s just around the corner. The timing couldn’t be better as spring is everyone’s favorite season to grab their mops and dusters and refresh their whole space! This entire week dedicated to cleaning is not only meant to encourage a clean home, but a cleaner and healthier lifestyle as well! If you’re unsure of where to start, here are 5 tips to give your home a clean sweep!
- Have loads of fun with it. We’re not just talking about finally catching up on laundry. Make a clean playlist full of uplifting and fun songs that you can blast throughout the house while you’re cleaning. This will help encourage you to keep moving, so you get through each room faster and make the tasks at hand a little less daunting. And when it comes to the laundry, start your cleaning schedule with a load so that you have the ability to multitask between cycles.
- Whether spring cleaning has always been part of your yearly regime or you needed some new inspiration to get your home in shape this season, these tips are the perfect way feel inspired to get cleaning!
- Eat my dust. The average American home collects 40 pounds of dust a year. That being said, we recommend dusting your home more than once a year, and what a better time to get started than heading into spring? Utilize tools such as extendable dusters, dusting spray and microfiber cloths in order to catch all of the dust particles and get those out of reach places!
- A healthy home is a happy home. Cleaning your home and keeping your home clean can reduce allergens, stress and even prevent infection. If those health benefits aren’t enticing enough, cleaning chores such as lawn-mowing, mopping, and vacuuming can burn up to 200 calories an hour. Forget the gym today and get cleaning!
- Spring (Box) Cleaning. Don’t sleep on this one- people produce up to 26 gallons of sweat a year while sleeping (gross!). This means that your sheets, comforters, and even mattress are absorbing this. Take this week to not only clean your bed sheets, comforter and mattress, but underneath of your bed as well. Even purchasing a mattress cover will help to reduce the spread of dust mites and other allergens.
- Out with the old. Celebrate cleaning week not just by cleaning around the items in your home, but getting rid of some of these things as well. Organizing and minimizing clutter is just as important as the dusting and the vacuuming that you’re doing. Start by setting a small goal of donating or throwing out at least 5 items from each room.