When winter weather brings frigid temps and snowy days, it’s a perfect time to appreciate the comfiness of your beautiful new home. But warmth doesn’t stop with insulation and thermostats. You can cozy up your décor with these helpful tips!
- Lights are an obvious way to counteract the dark days of winter – whether it’s a chandelier with tons of bulbs, candles in the windows, or dramatic landscaping lights outside.
- Pops of bright colors (cheery reds, springy greens, juicy oranges) can help chase the winter blahs away. Think pillows, throws or maybe an accent wall!
- Those Scandinavians are on to something! White doesn’t need to be a cool color… especially when paired with light woods and other rustic accents like brick or stone!
- Dress your home in layers! Velvety throw pillows & fuzzy blankets, fluffy rugs and glowing candles add tons of warmth.
- Metallics like rose gold, copper and bronze help add the impression of warmth, especially if paired with pastels or earth tones.
- Natural wood floors and paneled walls create instant coziness. And natural accents, like potted plants, evergreens, pine cones and twigs, add warmth and a bit of the outdoors.
- Textures are toasty. Look for knitted blankets, animal skin rugs, woven baskets, and squishy pillows.
- Leather accents - a chair or an ottoman - add so much warmth to a room. Especially if tucked into a reading nook or quiet corner.